Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Health Insurance
SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
We are now hiring warehouse associates.
As a warehouse associate you are responsible for processing orders for daily routes through the orderly receipt, picking and loading of product.
You can also expect to:
• Maintain the warehouse in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Pick product for routes as defined on the pick sheets.
• Attend training and practice knowledge of SOP’s and all company policies and procedures as they relate to food and associate safety practices. Notify management of violations.
• Use pallets that are of good quality.
• Visually inspect the product for damages and properly place on the pallet to minimize cross contamination.
• Handle products in a manner consistent with food safety procedures.
• Product that is packaged in ice shall be selected in a way that will prevent ice from melting into other cases throughout the loading and delivery process
• Select product that is packaged in ice so that ice will not melt into other cases throughout the loading and delivery process.
• Take appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered.
• Operate all company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner. Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor.
• Ensure that warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to company standards.
• Track time spent on assignments for productivity reporting on a daily basis.
• Follow proper selection procedures as established by the company.
A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience.
We offer the following:
• Great pay.
• Outstanding benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options.
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.