SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
We are now hiring a transportation director.
As the transportation director you are responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of product to our customers, accomplished through thorough planning and an ongoing process of monitoring driver performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, while effectively managing expenses in an ever-changing environment.
Your primary duties will include:
• Closely monitoring driver performance via use of the trip master and other control features.
• Maintaining detailed records of driver pay, equipment maintenance and equipment performance.
• Reviewing driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and DOT regulations.
• Closely monitoring equipment to ensure safe operation and minimize breakdowns.
• Ordering necessary parts and equipment used in driver performance of responsibilities.
• Reviewing routing and making the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal efficiency.
• Hiring, training, directing, and disciplining transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets.
• Planning and scheduling assignments for the transportation personnel; processing the weekly payroll.
• Verifying vendor invoices and completing A/P vouchers.
• Monitoring trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel cost, and fuel economy.
• Monitoring monthly expenses in relation to plan and making the necessary changes.
• Performing the necessary requirements of the Department of Transportation.
• Reviewing backhauls to ensure profitability.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma/GED plus 5 – 8 years of transportation supervisor experience.
• Prefer 4 year degree and 4 years of transportation experience.
• You must possess good employee relations skills.
The work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and bending is required when checking equipment. A substantial portion of the day is spent on data entry. You must have the ability to communicate clearly, primarily via telephone, with vendors, shippers, customers, and company personnel.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, lift, and interact with others.
Our office is situated in the warehouse. Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
• A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications, CRT, Trip Master software, TRUCKS routing system.
We offer the following:
• Great pay.
• Outstanding benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options.
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.