SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
We are now hiring Warehouse Supervisors.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will provide support to the Warehouse Manager/Director in supervising the activities related to warehouse operations. This includes training and supervising warehouse department associates, compliance with government relations and safety and security of the warehouse.
We offer the following:
• Great pay and bonuses
• Great benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or similar major preferred.
• 2-4 years of warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Must obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from SYGMA within 3 months.
• Assign daily work load to warehouse personnel.
• Map daily routes to ensure proper legal weight limits.
• Supervise the picking and loading of routes, ensuring the accuracy of those orders.
• Ensure that all trailers are set to proper temperatures.
• Ensure building and trailers are secured at the end of the shift.
• Train and supervise employees in the preferred work methods.
• Perform a minimum of one ten minute safety meeting per week to include no less than ten coach cards.
• Assist the warehouse manager in the writing of employee performance reviews.
• Continually inform warehouse manager of potential problems and changes.
• Responsible for add-ons or deletions for daily routes.
• Ensure proper rotation of all product, especially highly perishable goods.
• Act as back up to the warehouse manager.
• Maintain warehouse operation in accordance with company compliance standards.
• Maintain a level of warehouse cleanliness that will result in an excellent compliance audit score.
• Assist warehouse personnel in their daily duties.
• Work with other department supervisors to ensure the completion of one PWM observation per employee per quarter.
• Monitor and maintain Gagnon productivity tracking system.
• Complete daily sanitation schedule.
• Compile daily productivity and reliability statistics.
SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.