Sorry, this job has expired.
SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
We are currently hiring Receivers.
We offer the following:
• Great pay.
• Outstanding benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options.
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
As a Receiver, you will serve customers by performing product receiving activities and operating and maintaining equipment according to established company and customer standards.
• Checks, inspects, examines and counts all products being unloaded for quality and quantity against purchase orders to ensure accuracy of deliveries; tags all merchandise and ensure all product temperatures requiring refrigeration are checked and documented according to procedures.
• Ensures all slots are stocked properly and all overstock is properly stacked; rotates all applicable stock by code date and receiving date.
Ensures all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP and food safety documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
• Communicates with Management team regarding discrepancies on purchase orders, late trucks, out of stocks, etc.
Works with external service provides to ensure timely unloading of trucks, according to established company policy.
• Ensures that warehouse is maintained in a clean and safe manner according to Company standards; takes appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered; disposes of trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
• Operates all Company warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, scanners) in a safe manner, according to company standards; reports all equipment issues to a member of the management team.
• Reviews and completes all paperwork (e.g. documents all overages, shortages and damages, verifies driver’s signatures are on paperwork and signs all required paperwork before releasing truck); utilizes wearable computer to properly track time spent on assignments for productivity reporting.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands; other duties as assigned by Management.
• High school diploma/GED/Equivalent Degree and 6 months of previous warehouse experience is preferred; or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Forklift and pallet jack license/certification.
Knowledge of: safety and safe lifting procedures, Food Safety Guidelines.
Skill in: unloading pallets of product quickly, accurately and safely.
Ability to: operate forklift and/or pallet jack and maneuver in tight areas; meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company; read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations; perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); wear proper personal protective equipment; solve problems; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; wear personal protective equipment (e.g. safety shoes).
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.