SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
We are currently hiring Sygma Hostlers.
As a Truck Jockey you will interact with both transportation and warehouse departments in order to accomplish daily needs related to the preparation of equipment needed for loading and dispatching.
We offer the following:
• Great pay and bonuses
• Great benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401(k), and stock options.
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year tractor/trailer experience
• Class A CDL
• Complete trailer sanitation prior to reloading, preparation disposal of trash, sweeping, pressure washing, etc.
• Handle all return merchandise, disposal of damage, logging and recording all items into or out of stock. Place vendor board items, cross reference to return overage sheet and returned R/As.
• Maintain accountability and storage for all load bars and bulkheads. Place of hand trucks on particular routes. Maintain and repair reasonable damage to load bars and hand trucks. Notify management of outside sourcing for repairs not capable at center. Ensure all doors have locks on trailers prior to being relieved or leaving for the shift.
• Move equipment in and around the yard for loading and unloading purposes. Hook and unhook equipment prior to daily dispatch. Notify management for repairs or possible problems that arise during the shift. Store equipment in a safe area prior to dispatch to minimize the possible damage through outside vendors utilizing the yard.
• Perform daily inspections to incoming equipment, minimizing unreported damage done overnight at the dock or while on route. Maintain inventory of equipment necessary to and related to the operation of transportation.
• Sanitize and clean the building exterior, primarily between the loading doors and apron and by the will call door and dumpster area.
• Occasionally make trips to service terminals for refueling and repairs when necessary. Maintain periodic maintenance and calibration with Xata units.
• Pick up local backhauls when necessary, or the delivery to vendors for pallets.
• In emergency situations, run local specials and routes as needed. When injury or late illness occurs, it may be necessary to be available for coverage.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability