SYGMA Network: advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time! SYGMA isn't your average workplace-it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, apply today!
We are currently hiring Sanitation Workers.
As a Sanitation Worker you will maintain the cleanliness and general maintenance of both SYGMA buildings to insure that sanitation and compliance standards are adhered to per Sysco/SYGMA and regulatory guidelines.
You will be expected to:
• Attend training and practice knowledge of SOP’s and all company policies and procedures as they relate to food and associate safety practices.
• Notify management immediately of violations of SOP’s.
• Maintain current and updated sanitation logs.
• Perform scheduled and timely sanitation duties as per sanitation log, and as directed by warehouse management.
• Assist the warehouse department as needed and directed by warehouse management.
• Maintain cleanliness of all warehouse floors by sweeping, mopping and scrubbing.
• Keep restrooms and break rooms clean and restocked throughout the day.
• Maintain period sanitation checklist for both buildings per AIB, Silliker and customer standards.
• Paint surfaces as needed.
• Clean and maintain outside grounds.
• Clean and maintain outside garbage cans, dumpsters and their enclosures along with the compactor and surrounding area.
• Perform lawn care such as mowing grass, weed control, landscaping, etc.
• Repair any minor maintenance issues such as door guards, floor cracks, broken door locks, replacing light bulbs and any minor equipment repairs, etc.
• Provide assistance to more skilled workers involved in building or equipment maintenance such as replacement or repair.
• Clean and help maintain all warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks and SWAT equipment.
• Use a cardboard and plastic baler for recycling duties.
• Vacuum and perform various other office cleaning tasks.
• A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience is required.
• 1-2 years of warehouse experience in food distribution is preferred.
• Work is primarily medium to heavy in nature with frequent walking.
• You must be able to communicate clearly.
• There will be periods of prolonged standing and occasional lifting of 50-75 lbs.
We offer the following:
• Great pay.
• Outstanding benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options.
• An employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.